The IOTA foundation consists of dedicated and talented people with a proven track record of getting things done properly and is the public organization behind IOTA.
Current members of the Foundation are David Sønstebø (IOTA founder), Dominik Schiener, Serguei Popov (Mthcl), Sergey Ivancheglo (Come-from-Beyond), Gianluigi Popov and Per Lind.
The foundation will be kept lean in order to keep it efficient and organised but is very open to members that want to contribute (submit an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including a short biography about yourself as well as how much free time you have per week).
Here is a brief summary of the work the foundation does:
• Initiate C and RUST core client development.
• Attend Internet-of-Things and Blockchain/Distributed ledger conferences and hackathons in an active role.
• In collaboration with some big holders give out development-bounties.
• Be able to strengthen the brand and raise awareness of IOTA in all capacities.
• Bring on companies and organizations, especially those focused on Internet-of-Things and blockchain.
• Essentially realize the vision which started the R&D of IOTA.
• Be the de facto public organization behind IOTA.
Even though the Foundation is the central body of IOTA, the effort behind the project is still community-centric. This means that anyone can (and should) help to promote IOTA and ensure its success - whether they are part of the Foundation or not.
Learn the basics of IOTA!
Learn more about the big community funding called The Big Deal!